Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Friday – Wednesday. Flexible start and end time. Life Transitions is looking for providers interested in working 3-5 days a week, preferably inclusive of a Saturday or Sunday and/or evening hours.
Compensation: Commission or Hourly options depending on experience
Job Description: Life Transitions Counseling Center is a growing and expanding practice looking for passionate and exceptional mental health professionals to join our team. We provide complete administrative, marketing, insurance, and billing support as well as beautiful and functional office environments to work in. This position is structured to allow you to focus your time and energy on providing therapy and counseling services. The Mental Health Therapist will provide biopsychosocial therapeutic assessments, interventions and counseling for children, adolescent, adult, older adult, couples and family therapy clients in a holistic, culturally sensitive process that promotes the dignity, respect, safety and maximum optimal functioning of our clientele.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outpatient Mental Health evaluations, assessments, care plans and therapy to children, adolescents, adults, older adults and families as needed in a variety of professional therapeutic modalities.
- Conduct Group Therapy Sessions as needed.
- Provide outreach and referral assistance to clients unable to access services in the community.
- Maintain the caseload of active clients assigned to meet productivity requirements.
- Complete all documentation to ensure 100% compliance.
- Consult and collaborate with other professionals, supervisors and/or agencies on client evaluations, treatment plans and follow-up in order to ensure optimal client outcomes.
- Attend mandatory clinical in-services/trainings, supervision, and regularly scheduled department/agency meetings.
- Prepare concise documentation pertinent to direct services with clients to comply with requests from other agencies and professionals in the community, and coordinate services for clients in the community as needed.
- Assist in identifying, implementing and coordinating services/activities in order to meet client needs.
- Conduct Mental Health Intakes using the Biopsychosocial form and process.
- Provide case management services to children, adolescent, adult, and older adult mental health clients.
- Communicate Life Transitions’ policies, practices and procedures to client.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in compliance with agency and legislative requirements.
- Fulfill other duties as may be assigned to meet the agencies’ operational needs.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum of a Master’s degree required in Mental Health, Counseling, Social work or related social services field.
- MHP Credential. May be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- CPR and First Aid Certification. Must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Two (2) years of experience in providing mental health counseling and case management services.
- Active State of Washington Counselor License as required by the Department of Health (e.g., LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, PhD, PsyD or similar credentials).
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Documentation of current Professional Liability Insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to work on weekends and evenings.
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in multiple languages.
- Experience working with couples and families.
- Previously paneled with insurance companies.
- Experience leading therapy groups.
- Experience providing telehealth services.
- Flexible Schedule.
- Full administrative and billing support.
- Fully functioning office environment.
- Manageable caseload of no more than 30 clients.
- On site consultation at no additional cost.
- Department of Health required trainings accessible at no additional cost.
- Referrals provided by Life Transitions.
- HIPPA compliant EMR System.
- Vacation Coverage.
Life Transitions’ Mission: Providing high quality mental and behavioral health care to diverse communities and vulnerable populations.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume. For further question please call 253-363-8856.
Closing Date: The position will remain open until filled.
Life Transitions promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of its employment practices without regard to: Age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, or veteran status.